Salomon Snowboards produce some fantastic snowboards and pump all kinds of tech into their boards. One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a new snowboard is the shape. Salomon generally create Cambered snowboards, however adding a little flair to the traditional shape. Below shows 2 of the main 'Hybrid' Cambers that are used in the Salomon Snowboards that we stock.
Quad Camber - The aggressive characteristics of camber blended with rocker on the tip and tail to make the board unsinkable in pow with untouchable speed. Quad Camber is built with a blend of different radiuses and is more forgiving than a regular camber but maintains the reactivity and pop.
Rock Out Camber - Flat between your bindings for stability, Camber near the feet for response and a rocker on the tip/tail for pressability. Rock Out Camber is designed for premium park performance featuring a blend of flat, camber, and rocker profiles enabling responsive turns and comfortable presses.
Now here's a few more bits from Salomon's tech with a little more info to hopefully understand all the wonderful elements gone into making your new epic board.
- EQ Rad - EQ Rad delivers Equalizer's 3 straight lines and Radial lines blended together for the perfect balance of playfulness and precision.
- Quadralizer - Explosive combination of Equalizer and Quadratic allows high speed carving as well as superior edge control in tight spots.
- BA MD - Medium density European-made fiberglass layers guarantee a consistent quality level, for light and lively boards.
- TriaxGlass - Fiber tech core that increases board life and durability for all riders.
- ABC Green Roll - The snap of bamboo, the comfortable ride of cork sidewalls and the bomb-proof strength of basalt - ABC Green Roll (Advanced Bamboo Construction) blends natural materials into a supernatural snowboard.More pop, less plastic.
- Popster - Maximize the natural snap and powerful pop of wood with Popster's shaped core profile that is thins out under foot and thickens on both sides of your bindings then tapers again at tip and tail.
- Popster Booster - Add carbon stringers to the standard popster and you get all the energy from under your feet radiating on the tip/tail maximazing pop.
- Popster Eco Booster - Popster Booster plus Bamboo rods to provide the best in eco pop and performance.
- Sintered - An industry standard for quality sintered base materials. Provides a moderate balance between the speed created by a hard surface and good wax retention.
- Sintered EG - Engineered for a super fast glide in everything from fresh pow to sticky spring snow. Sintered material provides superior wax retention, Gallium strengthens impact resistance and the Electra finish gives a turbocharged glide.
- Aspen SLCT - Every single FSC certified wood strip is hand selected to ensure unparalleled core quality and lightness.